Safety reviews are now being conducted at 6 fixed speed camera locations. For more information click here.
The NSW Auditor-General recently completed an audit of speed cameras in NSW that found that overall, speed cameras change driver behaviour and have a positive road safety impact.
One of the audit recommendations was that an overarching speed camera strategy be developed. The NSW Speed Camera Strategy outlines:
- How speeding impacts upon the community,
- How sites are selected for the four types of speed cameras used in NSW,
- How we will monitor speed camera performance and report this information back to the community,
- How we will improve speed camera signage,
- That revenue collected from speed cameras will fund road safety measures through the establishment of the NSW Community Road Safety Fund.
The Strategy and a list of all current speed camera locations, including all mobile speed camera locations, red-light (speed) cameras and fixed digital speed cameras are available for download below.
We would also like to hear your views on where you think future speed cameras should be located in NSW. You can nominate a location by visiting the Safer Roads NSW website.