Nominate a location for a speed camera
You can nominate a location where you think a speed camera should be by visiting the Safer Roads NSW Website.
Fixed digital speed cameras are a powerful deterrent to speeding. They play an important role in increasing the safety of our roads, particularly in high risk locations.
The Auditor-General recently completed a review of speed cameras in NSW that found that overall, speed cameras change driver behaviour and have a positive road safety impact.
However, in a number of locations fixed speed cameras were not having the expected road safety benefit. These locations have now been reviewed.
To view the proposed program of works at decommissioned fixed speed camera locations, click here.
Fixed Speed Camera Locations
A list of current speed camera locations in NSW is available for you to view in the download section below.
Fixed speed cameras:
- Are an effective and efficient means of enforcing speed limits on specific high accident lengths of road and other high risk locations.
- Reduce excessive speeding and the number of fatal and serious injury crashes 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- Support Police enfrocement in locations where it is difficult for Police to enforce.
- Offer a safe means of enforcement, as there is no requirement for an officer to stand on the side of the road.
- Save the community millions of dollars in prevented deaths, injuries and damage to vehicles and infastructure.