Driving is dangerous when you’re affected by alcohol and/or drugs.
When you’re coming down or sobering up – even the next day – your driving may still be affected.
Don’t take the risk. Plan ahead.
If you are affected by drugs or alcohol:
- Use public transport or a taxi.
- Get a lift with someone who has not been drinking or using drugs.
- Let people know where you are by taking your mobile or a phonecard.
- Stay at a friend’s house.
- Tell a friend or let someone know if you’ve taken drugs and don’t feel right to drive.
- Sleep it off before you even think about driving, but remember, don’t drive when you’re coming down.