An eligible pensioner is anyone who holds or receives one of the following:
- A current Pensioner Concession Card (PCC), issued by the Department of Human Services-Centrelink or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA), showing a NSW address.
- A DVA Gold Card endorsed 'TPI' (Totally & Permanently Incapacitated).
- A DVA Gold Card endorsed 'EDA' (Extreme Disablement Adjustment).
- A letter or statement/determination from the Department of Veterans' Affairs stating that the person receives a disability pension of 70% or higher, or an Intermediate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment Pension, or who has been assessed under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 at 50 or more impairment points.
- A DVA Gold Card endorsed 'War Widow'.
- A DVA Gold Card endorsed 'War Widower'.
Eligible pensioners are exempt from fees for the following:
- Licences (a fee is payable for a computer test).
- Driving tests.
- Riding skill test at a motor registry.
- Riding skill test with training contractor.
- Heavy Vehicle HVCBA log book and guide.
- Replacement Learner Driver log book.
- Registration (including HVIS inspection fees).
- Motor vehicle tax.
- Conditional registration.
- NSW Photo Cards.
- Mobility Parking Scheme (MPS).
- Note: Dependants under 16 years of age listed on a current NSW Pensioner Concession Card are also eligible for a free MPS card.
Certain pensioners are also exempt from:
- Transfer fee and stamp duty. This exemption only applies to DVA pensioners who receive a disability pension of 70% or higher or an Intermediate, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI) or Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA) pension, or who has been assessed under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 at 50 or more impairment points.
- The pensioner concession scheme applies to one vehicle per eligible pensioner (either fully or conditionally registered).
- Interstate-issued PCCs are not acceptable for claiming a concession in NSW.
- Customers seeking a pensioner concession will have their concession status electronically validated with the Department of Human Services-Centrelink. Department of Human Services-Centrelink will validate both Department of Human Services-Centrelink and DVA pensioner cards.
Got your green slip and safety check?
Renew your rego online now at myRTA.