Heavy Vehicle Industry Education Officer
The Heavy Vehicle Industry Education Officer is Roads and Maritime Services' dedicated representative assisting industry operators and drivers with compliance requirements. The Education Officer works to assist and support the transport industry, enabling the safe and efficient transportation of goods on NSW roads.
The Industry Education Officer is available to:
- Respond to customer enquiries/issues over the phone or face-to-face.
- Visit customers.
- Educate industry on new initiatives.
- Provide advice at conferences and forums.
This promotes communication and information sharing on various heavy vehicle topics such as:
- Fatigue management
- Load restraint
- Access to the NSW road network
- Chain of responsibility
- Compliance issues
The Heavy Vehicle Industry Education Officer is Mr Mark Leach. Please feel free to contact Mark using these details:
Phone: (02) 8588 5427
Mobile: 0413 368 022
Hours: Office hours, Monday-Friday
- Department of Infrastructure and Transport
- Transport for NSW
- Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water
- Workcover Authority of NSW
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulator
Heavy vehicle customer service - 1300 364 847
- Heavy Vehicle Inspection Station (HVIS) availability and bookings.
- Heavy vehicle registrations.
- Vehicle emissions management program enquiries.
- Safe-T-Cam operations.
- 3 strikes program.
Technical enquiries - 1300 137 302 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, Sat 8am-noon)
- Light and heavy vehicle technical information.
- Road freight regulations.
- Heavy vehicle safety standards.
Heavy vehicle permits - 1300 656 371 (Mon-Fri 8.30am-4.30pm)
- Over mass and oversize permits.
- Permit investigations.